The Therapeutic Team
- Dr. Hanna A. Alonim – Ph.D. in Mental Health at the Anglia Ruskin University of Cambridge, UK, expert in developmental disorders of the autism spectrum and family therapy; founder of the Mifne method; Head of the Mifne Center for treatment, training, and research, since 1987; Head of the Mifne Training School at the Bar Ilan University; married + 2 children and 3 grandchildren.
- Dr. Danny Tayar –recieved his M.D. in France, doctor and supervisor in family medicine and quality control; graduate of Psychotherapy studies; established the Marva Multidisciplinary Health Center in Rosh Pinna; family doctor at the Mifne Center since 1993. Married + 3 children and 4 grandchildren.
- Yair Palmoni – Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Tel Aviv; served for 20 years as the Head of the Child Development Station in the Jordan Valley; clinical psychologist and lecturer in the Mifne Center since 2005. Father of 4 adult children and 10 grandchildren.
- Einat Kadosh – Graduated from Sefad Academic College, majoring in psychotherapy, including three years internship. She is highly experienced in work with children and babies; has been working in the Mifne Center since 1999; treating and supervising families. Married + 4 children and 1 granddaughter.
- Margalit Hai – Graduated from University of Haifa, Shiluv Centre, majoring in psychotherapy. Has worked for many years with children with learning disorders and infants with autism; graduate of the first Mifne Training school, University of Bar-Ilan; has been working in the Mifne Center since 2002. Married +4 children and 6 grandchildren.
- Veronica Jakubson – Play therapist. Graduated from University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, majoring in psycho-Pedagogy. Has worked at the Child & Adolescent Defense Organization, Buenos Aires. Graduate of the School for Mifne Approach Training, University of Bar-Ilan, has been working as a Play Therapist at the Mifne Center since 2007. Married + 3 children.
- Anat Ben-Ari – Play therapist. Graduated from the University of Haifa, majoring in educational Counseling, including courses in mediation and eating disorders; Worked for many years as a counselor for children at risk and leads therapeutic groups for the improvement of cognition and memory; graduate of the School for Mifne Approach Training, University of Bar-Ilan in 2008. Married + 3 grown children.
- Ruha Bonnie – Therapist, Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Business Administration. Studied diagnosis and treatment of infants with developmental difficulties according to the Vardi Method and has worked in parental guidance, seminars for development, and treatment and guidance in parenthood. She is a graduate of the Mifne and Bar –Ilan University school for therapists. She is married and the mother of three children.
- Zivit Stern – Registered nurse, expert in infant development, has worked for many years in supervision of Mother and Baby Clinics in the Galilee region; therapist and supervisor at the Mifne Center since 2006; mother of 3 and grandmother to 8 grandchildren.
- Tova Netzer – Former principal and supervisor of special education schools in central Israel. Specialist in learning disabilities and integration of children with special needs in the education system developed learning programs for the Open University; supervisor for the integration of Mifne children within mainstream schools since 1992; Married, mother of 3 and grandmother to 6 grandchildren.
- Dr. Ayelet Siman Tov, Ph.D. researcher of family and autism studies at the University of Bar Ilan; presently serving as lecturer and pedagogic mentor in the Kibbutz Seminary College, TA; the academic director of the Mifne training School at the University of Bar-Ilan; Married + 2 grown children.
- Dr. Hillel D. Braude – Directs research at the Mifne Center. He has a medical degree from the University of Cape Town Medical School and a Ph.D in philosophy of medicine and medical ethics from The University of Chicago. He is the author of Intuition in Medicine: A Philosophical Defense of Clinical Reasoning (The University of Chicago Press, 2012). Hillel also works as a Feldenkrais practitioner with infants, children, and adults. Married + 2 children.
- Dr. Yehuda Shacham PhD. is a psychologist, certified therapist and trainer in marital & family therapy and co-owner and co-manager of the “People” center for training and family therapy. He is an expert in coping with stress and crisis, was the deputy director of the ICSPC. For many years he worked as school counselor and a school psychologist. He teaches and trains psycho-social therapists in Israel and abroad. Married, father of three and has nine grandchildren.
A High Level of Competence
The Mifne Intervention Program calls for a high level of competence. It requires self-awareness, insight, a great deal of creativity, improvisation, sensitivity towards others and empathy.
Mifne Therapists are highly skilled in observation and analysis of therapeutic situations.
This training is an ongoing process.